Sir Henry Fermor Church of England Primary School

Google Translate

Google Translate

Home Page

Sir Henry Fermor

Church of England Primary School

Tel: 01892 652405

Content Slideshow


I have concerns that my child has additional needs, who shall I talk to?

In the first instance, please raise this concern with your child’s class teacher. Mrs Ashdown, our SENDCo is also happy to discuss any concerns that you have.


How will my child be supported?

At  Sir Henry Fermor, we believe in quality first teaching. This means that the class teacher has a responsibility to ensure that all members of the class, irrespective of needs, feel included, can access work at the right level and achieve. However, if a child requires a higher level of support which is additional to, or otherwise different from, that for others of the same age, additional provision can be put in place.


What happens if my child needs even more support?

An EHCP needs assessment can be requested.


What is an EHCP?

An EHC plan (EHCP) is a legal document that details a child or young person's special educational, health and social care needs. It describes the extra help that will be given to that child to meet their additional needs.


Can I apply for an EHCP as a parent?

Parents, the school or the young person (if they are aged between 16 and 25) can apply for an EHCP.


I still have more questions. What shall I do?

Please contact Mrs Ashdown, SENDCo: