We are aiming to open Fermor from 9.30am on Friday 2nd March. It will be non-uniform so the children can keep warm, and there will be no forest school. We do not want to lose any more learning time, nor put pressure on working parents, any more than is absolutely necessary. Therefore, we are asking that each parent make their own decision on whether or not they feel it safe for their child/ren to attend school.

What has made this week so frustrating has been the fact that the severity of weather has been extremely localised and there is still a huge amount of uncertainty around the accuracy of both local and national updates as the hours pass by. The safety of our children and staff, as well as the security and accessibility of the school site, has remained our utmost priority in making these difficult decisions.

Again, we would like to thank all the parents that have support us with making these decisions.

Back to Latest News