The school has the following standard procedures for registration:
- Registration time is from 8:45am until 8:55am (with registers for latecomers closing at 9:25am).
- Any child arriving during the registration window 8.45am – 8.55am is ‘on time’, the doors will close at 8.55am.
- Any child arriving between the end of the registration window and the registers closing (8.55am – 9.25am) will be marked as late. Children arriving after 8.55am must enter the school via the main reception and their parent/carer will need to sign them in on the iPad to ensure the safeguarding of all our pupils.
- Any child arriving after the closure of the registers (9.25am) will be marked as absent for the ‘am’. The authorisation of such absences will follow the regular criteria.
- Early pick up of children is not authorised, unless for certain medical appointments.
- Late pick up of children after school will be monitored and if necessary referred through safeguarding procedures.
- A form for early pick up or late drop off is to be used, to reinforce the message that this practice by parents/carers is not acceptable.
- Sickness absence should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org or reported via the absence line to the school office before 9.25am on the first day of absence and follow up emails/calls made daily to keep the school informed if the absence is longer than one day. The absence line number is:
01892 652 405, option 1
- Confirmation of and information on the nature of the sickness absence must be given to the school office.
- Planned absence during term time that is not medical should be requested in writing using the ‘Withdrawal from Learning’ form. This includes information for parents from East Sussex County Council regarding requests for absence in term time. The form can be found here.
- GP and dental appointments should be made out of school hours unless it is an emergency.
- Hospital appointments which are arranged should be arranged for out of school hours or for the afternoons where possible.
- Private or alternative health care appointments will not be authorised in school hours unless supported by a GP letter and evidence that the practitioner only provides services in school hours.